City Link News

CityLink, the city’s 24-hour citizen service call center, is now available to citizens by calling 311.

To remind citizens of the switch, the CityLink logo has been amended and now prominently incorporates the 311 number, said Addie Robbins, the CityLink director. “The benefits of 311 call centers are being recognized in municipalities across the country,” Robbins said. “Citizens find that 311 is an easy number to remember, which makes it easier for them to contact city government when they need service or information. Additionally, we expect that it will divert inappropriate calls from 911, thus keeping 911 open for genuine emergencies.”

911 should only be used to report life threatening emergencies or incidents wherein substantial loss or damage of property is occurring or just occurred.

Citizens who need non-emergency police service should call 773-7700. This includes contacting police administration, requesting records, leaving a message for an officer, complaining about loud music or barking dogs, or reporting a house or car break-in that is no longer in progress.

CityLink gives Winston-Salem city residents a single point of contact to request a service, make a suggestion or report a problem without having to look up a telephone number for a particular department.

CityLink agents can be reached by calling 311, by e-mail ( or by live chat through the city’s website (

CityLink agents are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week. CityLink’s old number, 727-8000, will remain in effect but will not be promoted.

Actions: E-mail | Permalink |