- The City has been investing in computer technology since the late 1960s.
- By the mid-1980s, the City had computerized all its major services.
- The City experienced its most significant growth in information technology with the introduction of networking in the mid-1990s.
- Today, the network connects all city departments in locations across the city and serves more than 1,500 connected devices.
- Many services are now offered through the Internet, available 24 hours, 7 days per week.
The I.S. Department continues to explore and develop tools to enhance services for city departments and citizens.
Key work items in FY18-19 for I.S. Department [pdf/348kb/1p]