The Community Appearance Commission sponsors a biennial Awards Program to honor the efforts of businesses, individuals, and community groups who have had a positive impact on the appearance of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County. These awards recognize those individuals whose thoughtful design and maintenance of our built and natural environment play a significant role in creating the high quality of life we value in our community.
The 2020 Community Appearance Awards Program will be held spring 2020.
If you would like to nominate a project or individual for an award, please follow the listed instructions. To be eligible, projects must be complete and located in Forsyth County. Entries that do not receive a biennial award may be resubmitted for an award in subsequent years. Deadline for submittal of nominations is Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
For additional information, please contact Amy Crum at (336) 747-7051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Instructions and Entry Form [pdf/168kb/2p]
- Entries will be evaluated using the following general selection criteria:
- Contributes significantly to the improvement of community appearance;
- Exhibits a high standard of excellence in design;
- Preserves or restores desirable natural features of the site or area; and/or,
- Develops a noteworthy process of community involvement, which has brought about an improvement in the character and appearance of the community.
Awards are given based on the project merit, as determined by the selection criteria. Every award may not be handed out at each Ceremony. Furthermore, there are not a predetermined number of recipients for each award.
Award Descriptions [pdf/172kb/1p]
Past Appearance Award Winners and Presentations