The Cadet Program of the Winston-Salem Police Department.
This program is designed for recent High School graduates and those who are not yet eligible to sit in the Winston-Salem Police Department Police Academy.
*Applications for the 2018 Spring Semester are due no later than October 13, 2017*
Winston-Salem Police Department Cadet Program: Get paid while attending college, (including books, fees, and tuition), with full-time employment with the Winston-Salem Police Department.
- Be registered as a full-time Criminal Justice Student at Forsyth Technical Community College (FTCC)
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Will complete 40 hours a week: 20 hours as a student at FTCC and 20 hours of employment at the Winston-Salem Police Department until graduation
- Applicant must pass a background check and initial eligibility testing
- Scholarship recipients have a three-year service commitment as a sworn law enforcement officer with the Winston-Salem Police Department
If interested complete the Cadet Initial Application:
Cadet Initial Application [pdf/102kb]
For more information please contact Recruiting at 336-773-7925 or toll free 1-877-777-WSPD or email at email@example.com.