Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don't forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
Hiring and Career Expo
There will be a job fair held at W.R. Anderson, Jr. Community Center on Thursday, June 6th from 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Door prizes, Motivational Speakers, Companies and more, will be present! This event is sponsored by the Morningside & Reynolds Park Road Neighborhood Associations and the Josh Howard Foundation. Hiring and Career Expo.pdf
- Miller Park Shelter #10 is currently closed until further notice due to construction.
- Summer Camp Registration is Now Open! Summer Camps 2019 Flyer [pdf]
- Lifeguards are needed for the 2019 season! Learn more [pdf/1p] & Apply here today: Lifeguard Applications
- Julius Reese, general manager of Winston Lake Golf Course, has won the 2018 Helping Hands award from the Mayor's Council for Persons with Disabilities. He won for his efforts in teaching golf to children in the WSFCS Exceptional Children program.
- Eleven (11) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care! After School Program Flyer 2018 [pdf] | After School Program (2018-2019) Registration [pdf]
- Be sure to visit the Historic Bethabara Park's webpage for more information on upcoming events!
- Quarry Park is open and utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site with walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Cricket's Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information