Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
MILLER PARK IMPROVEMENTS SURVEY
The Fall/Winter 2015 WePLAY Magazine is now available! Be sure to check out our many programs and events.
Fall/Winter 2015 WePLAY Magazine pdf/30kb/24p
News & Updates
- IMPORTANT UPDATES
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- The Winter Youth Basketball League has started at W.R. Anderson, Jr. Community Center! Swing by and catch a couple of games every Saturday from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- The Forsyth Seniors, Juniors & Invitational dates have been set! Tournament dates [pdf/30/kb/1p]
- Special Olympics will host their Polar Plunge on February 6 at 1:00 p.m. at the Fitness Center in Kernersville, NC! For more information, contact Latoya Price at (336) 727-2425.
- Registration for the Grand Games is now open! Be sure to check out this link for more information! Grand Games Info.
- The Historic Bethabara Park Boardwalk is currently undergoing reconstruction in preparation for their 2016 season. During construction, access to the boardwalk will be impacted, as well as stairway access to the Bethabara Greenway off of Reynolda Road. Construction updates will be posted to this page as they occur. For further information, contact Victoria Fulton, Historic Parks Supervisor, at (336) 924-8191.
- Tree removal and thinning will begin at Piney Grove Park on Wednesday, December 16. They will be removing trees and clearing underbrush to improve site line visibility. Signs and fencing will be posted to designate which areas in the park are closed.
- The tennis courts at Old Town Park are closed for repairs until further notice.
- The picnic shelter at Salem Lake will be closed for construction from October 3, 2015, until December 31, 2016.
- The Playground at Granville Park has now reopened!
- For more information on Piedmont Plus Senior Games, please visit the seniors page!
- Historic Bethabara Park
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information