Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
Recreation Center Monthly Programs & Fliers
- We are a few days away from our Special Olympics Forsyth County Chipotle Day! On Thursday, August 17 from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., if you bring the flyer or mention that you are there to support Special Olympics Forsyth County, 50% of your purchase proceeds will go to Special Olympics Forsyth County. Below are the participating Chipotles you can visit on Thursday. Special Olympics Chipotle Day Flier [pdf]
Bring your family and friends and come out to support Special Olympics Forsyth County on Thursday, August 17!
- Chipotle in Winston-Salem - 128 Hanes Mall Circle, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
- Chipotle in Kernersville - 1020 S. Main Street G, Kernersville, NC 27284
- Ten (10) Recreation Center locations will offer After School Care! Registration begins August 1, 2017
After School Locations Flier [pdf/1p] | After School Registration Form [pdf/5p]
- William Royston, Recreation's Director, has been featured by the Winston-Salem Ambassadors! Be sure to visit the Ambassadors Webpage for the inside scoop into the world of Recreation & Parks!
- It's pool season! Be sure to check out our Pools & Aquatics Calendar for more information!
- Forsyth Invitational dates have been set! Please be sure to visit our Golf Webpage for the dates and printable application!
- Demolition on the Reynolds Park Road Bridge has begun and barricades have been set along the Salem Creek Greenway. If you utilize this greenway, please expect a detour. Below are images of the detoured route.
- Cricket’s Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
- Salem Lake Construction information
*Map of Salem Lake[pdf/1p]
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today!
Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information