Sanitation - October 27, 2017
City crews will start collecting leaves on Monday, Nov. 6, in the western quadrant of the city (quadrant 3), north of U.S. 421/Business 40 and west and south of Reynolda and Yadkinville roads.
Collection will proceed clockwise by quadrant and continue until the leaf trucks have made three passes through each neighborhood.
Citizens can go to CityofWS.org/LeafRoutes to track the progress of leaf collection and to enter their address for an estimate of when the leaf trucks will be in their neighborhood. Once leaf collection begins, estimated collection dates may be revised frequently, based on weather conditions, equipment problems and the volume of leaves placed out for collection.
Residents who do not have access to a computer can call CityLink at 311 and a City Link agent will look up their estimated collection date.
For leaf collection follow these guidelines:
- Rake leaves to the edge of the yard, behind the curb, and not in the street.
- Sticks, rocks, and other debris may damage our equipment. Please, leaves only.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
- Do not put leaves on a tarp or over a storm drain.
- Leaf collection is provided to single-family houses only.
- Remember, residents MAY NOT burn leaves inside the city limits.
For year-round leaf collection, put leaves in a city yard-waste cart. Call CityLink 311 for information about how to get a yard cart.
More: Leaf collection routes | Yard waste carts