Transfer of Service

Current customers planning a move, whether across town or across the street, can usually have service at a new address within 24 hours of a request. Our customer service agents can provide you with more information. The telephone number is 727-8000.

Occasionally, customers need to change the name on an account. Changes may be made by a visit to the Business Office in downtown Winston-Salem, by writing a letter noting the changes to be made to your account or by email to the Utilities Division:

You can also initiate these changes yourself by using the online Water services page.

If the change of name on the account is due to a marriage, divorce, death, or legal name change, proper legal documents will need to be provided. Examples of documents: marriage license, filed divorce papers, death certificate, etc.

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.

Citizen Notification System

City Link 311