Vegetation Management - December 28, 2017
The city will collect Christmas trees and put them to good use as mulch for its parks and roadsides.
Residents in single family homes inside the city limits can put their Christmas trees at the curb for pick-up during the regular city brush collection. All lights, decorations, stands and nails must be removed from trees. Please be aware that it may take several weeks to collect all the trees.
People who live in apartments, who live outside the city limits or who want to dispose of their trees quickly can take them to the following locations for recycling through Jan. 31:
• Crawford Park, 4226 Oak Ridge Dr.
• Hanes Hosiery Recreation Center, 501 Reynolds Blvd.
• Hanes Park (tennis court parking lot), 625 West End Blvd.
• Little Creek Recreation Center, 610 Foxcroft Dr.
• Old Town Recreation Center (tennis court parking lot), 4550 Shattalon Dr.
• Parkland Park (tennis courts), 1660 Brewer Rd.
• Polo Park (swimming pool parking lot), 1850 Polo Rd.
• Salem Lake (at the gate), 1001 Salem Lake Rd.
• Sprague Street Recreation Center, 1350 E. Sprague St.
• Winston Lake Park, 3535 Winston Lake Rd.
In addition, city and county residents may recycle one Christmas tree free of charge at City/County Utilities Division yard-waste facilities:
• Overdale Yard Waste Facility, 4010 Milwaukee Lane.
• Forum 52 Yard waste Facility, 180 Northstar Drive, Rural Hall.
Free disposal at the yard-waste facilities is for households only. Commercial loads and commercial haulers will be charged the regular rate of $30 per ton.
For more information, call CityLink 311.