2019 CITY OF WINSTON-SALEM APPLICATION
Application deadline: December 30, 2019 NOW CLOSED
Class Member Notification: January 17, 2020
Program Begins: January 30, 2020
Graduation: April 20, 2020
Applicants will be selected using four criteria:
- Justification for participating
- Leadership potential
- City of Winston-Salem residents receive first priority.
- Attend 9 out of 11 sessions (cannot miss more than 2 classes).
- *Attend at least one City Council OR Council Committee meeting.
- *Complete a ride along with the Winston-Salem Police Department (requires a background check ); OR complete a ride along with the Winston-Salem Fire Department.
- *Complete a group budget project.
- *Participate in one of the following group tours: Elledge Wastewater Treatment Plant; Hanes Mill Landfill; bonds project tour; or shadow a City Link agent.
*Occurs outside of class time