Emergency Management News

A malfunction on a grease-removal truck resulted in a spill of used cooking grease at the intersection of Wake Forest Road and Silas Creek Parkway.

The Fire Department was dispatched to the spill at 1:22 p.m. Mel Sadler, the director of emergency management, estimated that 10 to 15 gallons of grease spilled from the truck. Some of the grease went into a storm drain, Sadler said. The grease is not hazardous, he said. The truck is owned by Ecosolve LLC of Charlotte and is used to pump out restaurant grease traps.

The spill was contained by Fire Department personnel. A &D Environmental and Industrial Services Inc. of Archdale, N.C., was called in to clean up the spill.

- end -

Actions: E-mail | Permalink |