Completed work includes:
- Storm drainage work from Old Salisbury Road to west of NC 150 (Peters Creek Parkway).
- Widening and installation of sidewalk from Old Salisbury Road to NC 150 (Peters Creek Parkway).
- Storm drainage work from NC 150 (Peters Creek Parkway) to Brewer Road.
Upcoming work includes:
- Installation of Roundabouts at NC 150 ramps and at Sides Road.
- Storm drainage work from Brewer Road to South Main Street.
- Widening and installation of sidewalk from Peters Creek Parkway to Brewer Road.
This project provides for the widening of Clemmonsville Road (SR 2747) to a three-lane roadway between Old Salisbury Road and South Main Street. The widened roadway will provide one 14-foot-wide through-lane in each direction and a center left turn lane. The 14-foot through-lanes will provide a lane to be shared by motorists and bicyclists. The center, common left turn lane will remove left-turning vehicles from the through lanes, reducing travel delays and decreasing the potential for accidents. The project also includes the construction of three roundabouts – one at each intersection with ramps from Peters Creek Parkway, and one at Sides Road. These roundabouts will also reduce delays and increase sight distance. The proposed roadway will include curb and gutter; and if adequate funding is available, a sidewalk will be constructed along the street.
The project is being funded primarily by the North Carolina Department of Transportation. The North Carolina Department of Transportation has allocated $9,625,000 in funding for this project and the City of Winston-Salem has agreed to pay for any costs which exceed this amount.
High resolution, detailed PDF maps of the project appear below (these are large PDF files).
Clemmonsville Road Widening Map 1 [pdf/6.3mb]
Clemmonsville Road Widening Map 2 [pdf/3.4mb]
Clemmonsville Road Widening Map 3 [pdf/6.4mb]
Project Engineer: Todd Love, PE, email@example.com, (336) 747-6833.