Completed work includes:
- New road construction from Baux Mountain Road to west of Circle Drive.
- New road construction from east of Circle Drive to Old Walkertown Road.
- Storm drainage work from Old Rural Hall Road to Baux Mountain Road.
- Widening and installation of sidewalk from Old Rural Hall Road to Baux Mountain Road.
- Waterline relocation from Old Rural Hall Road and Baux Mountain Road.
Upcoming work includes:
- Widening of Old Walkertown Road.
- Completing Circle Drive connection to the new road.
- Installation of Traffic Signals and Pavement Markings.
This project will provide a new three-lane roadway from Baux Mountain Road (SR 1946) to Old Walkertown Road (SR 2456). The project also provides for widening an existing portion of Motor Road between Old Rural Hall Road (SR 2207) and Baux Mountain Road (SR 1946). The typical roadway section will be a three (3)-lane curb and gutter facility with center turn-lane. This project also provides for the construction of a new sidewalk. The total project length is 0.95 miles.
The purpose of the proposed Motor Road Extension is to relieve traffic congestion and to improve safety for motorists on local thoroughfares and to provide a much-needed east-west connection through the Carver/Ogburn area of Winston-Salem. The Motor Road Extension would connect Motor Road to Carver School Road.
This project is funded primarily with general obligation bonds.
Motor Road Extension Location Map [pdf/109k/1p]
Project Engineer: Todd Love, P.E., email@example.com, (336) 747-6833.