"224 Years of Fire Service History"
The Winston-Salem Fire Department serves the community by providing a timely response to calls for assistance involving fire, emergency medical situations, and incidents necessitating rescue. In addition, the department strives for the prevention of unwanted fires through code enforcement, education, and arson investigation activities. Early warning and suppression systems, such as fire alarms and residential sprinkler systems, are a first line of defense in preventing the loss of life and mitigating property damage.
News and Updates
The Winston-Salem Fire Department application process is now (Closed)
- WSFD Quick Facts
- FY12 Number of calls = 27,180
- FY12 Number of fire calls= 877
- FY12 Number of EMS/Rescue calls = 19,284
- FY12 Number of other calls (False Alarm, Hazardous Conditions, General Service calls, etc.) = 7,019
- FY12 Number of total employees = 344