The Winston-Salem Fire Department provides a timely response to calls for assistance involving fire, medical situations, and rescue incidents. The department provides code enforcement, fire prevention education, and smoke alarms as a first line of defense in preventing loss of life and mitigating property damage.
The Winston-Salem Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of firefighter. The firefighter application process will close on July 17, 2016. Read about the hiring procedure!
Find us on Twitter!
- WSFD Quick Facts
- 2015 Number of calls = 23,262
- 2015 Number of fire calls = 854
- 2015 Number of EMS/Rescue calls = 14,616
- 2015 Number of other calls (False Alarm, Hazardous Conditions, General Service calls, etc.) = 7,792
- Number of total employees = 346.5