The Winston-Salem Fire Department provides a timely response to calls for assistance involving fire, medical situations, and rescue incidents. The department provides code enforcement, fire prevention education, and smoke alarms as a first line of defense in preventing loss of life and mitigating property damage.
- WSFD Quick Facts
- 2016 Number of calls = 27,056
- 2016 Number of fire calls = 829
- 2016 Number of EMS/Rescue calls = 17,634
- 2015 Number of other calls (False Alarm, Hazardous Conditions, General Service calls, etc.) = 8,593
- Number of total employees = 352.5
We had 30 days without any kitchen fires in 2016