The Winston-Salem Fire Department provides a timely response to calls for assistance involving fire, medical situations, and rescue incidents. The department provides code enforcement, fire prevention education, and smoke alarms as a first line of defense in preventing loss of life and mitigating property damage.
WSFD Quick Facts
- 2017 Number of calls = 26,242
- 2017 Number of fire calls = 769
- 2017 Number of EMS/Rescue calls = 17,661
- 2017 Number of other calls (False Alarm, Hazardous Conditions, General Service calls, etc.) = 11,650
- Number of full time employees = 381
Sabrina Stowe is the Senior Community Educator for the Winston-Salem Fire Department. She coordinates many of their safety programs presented to churches, schools and community groups. Among her topics is having working smoke alarms, having suppression canisters over a stovetop and scheduling home safety checks to evaluate potential hazards that could put someone at risk.
Learn more about Sabrina and WSFD public education.
Watch video of Sabrina in action.
Most days without kitchen fires in 2016: 30 days