Congratulations and welcome!
New Employee Orientation is your introduction to working for the City of Winston-Salem. Orientation is two full days (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), and both days are required. Day One sessions are scheduled on the first Monday of each new pay period. Day Two is the last Thursday of the month in which you were hired. Your human resources analyst will give you an exact schedule when your employment is confirmed.
Your human resources contact will give you the location(s) for your orientation.
Following is an outline of New Employee Orientation topics:
- Management Welcome
- Handbook Overview
- Benefit Review
- Payroll Information
- Credit Union Information
- Safety First, Last & Always
- Compensation / Pay Bands
- NC Local Governmental Employees' Retirement System Information
- Supplemental Retirement Investments
- Deferred Compensation
- Preventing Violence in the Workplace
- Career Development
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Respect the Team
- Customer Service