(links to external web sites will open in a new window)
News and Updates
Health Risk Assessments Must Be Completed by February 28
- To receive the $50 wellness discount on your 2014 health insurance premiums, you must complete the online health risk assessment by February 28
- Go to www.bcbsnc.com and log in
- If you do not have a log in, you must register for member services. You will need your BCBSNC insurance card to do so.
- If you forgot your user name or password, call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
- After logging in, click on WELLNESS at the top and then on HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
- The assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete.
City of Winston-Salem Blood Drive
Thursday, February 13, 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at Employee Medical Services
Scheduling an appointment
- Go online to www.redcrossblood.org
- Enter the Sponsor Code (city of ws) in the Sponsor Code Box
- If you are a new user, please click on Register Now and follow the instructions
- If you registered in the past, enter your information and click "Login"
Eligibility - go to www.redcrossblood.org and look under the "Are you Eligible to Give Blood" section for requirements
All donors must bring a photo ID card and are eligible to win a $1500 gift card
Information flier [pdf/1p]
LIFESMART WELLNESS PROGRAM
LifeSmart Wellness Programs
How to take online Wellness classes through BCBSNC
City employees can fulfill their wellness class requirement by participating in online wellness programs offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Go to www.mybcbsnc.com or www.bcbsnc.com (If you do not have a log in, you must register for member services. You will need your BCBSNC member card to do so. If you have any issues please contact BCBSNC customer service. Their number is located on the back of your insurance card.) After registering or logging in, choose Wellness at the top and then click on the Wellness Activities link on the left to access these options:
- Healthy Living Conversations - Choose from 14 online, interactive conversations on such topics as stress management, healthy thinking and healthy eating
- Online Monthly Seminars - Fun and engaging online seminars on a variety of wellness topics
- Healthy Living Programs - Choose from 14 personalized, six-week online programs that help you take an active role in improving your health and quality of life
HEALTHY OUTCOMES WELLNESS - Our Program for Better Health
Pharmacy Benefits - Express Scripts
City retiree Premium Reimbursement Program
- Effective Jan. 1, 2012, retirees eligible to participate in the City's Medicare Advantage HMO Group Plan may waive enrollment and instead purchase an individual plan of their choice.
North Carolina State Retirement Systems
Other Retirement Systems
- Winston-Salem Police Officers Retirement System (WSPORS)
North Carolina Treasurer
- Aetna Life Insurance: 1 (800) 826-7448, Aetna web site
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Reassure Life/Midland: (336) 765-1582 Roy Jennings
- UNUM Universal Life 1 (800) 635-5597, Unum web site
- CNA (Long-term Care): 1 (800) 266-2904, CNA web site
City-Sponsored Retiree benefits available to eligible retirees, spouses, and dependents
- BCBS Medical Coverage for pre-65 retirees, spouses, and dependents
- United Health Care Supplement coverage for post-65 retirees and spouses
- $2,000 Retiree Life Insurance (Death Benefit)
Links to Helpful Information
Have a suggestion or comment to send to the Webmaster? Use this form.