(links to external web sites will open in a new window)
On behalf of the City of Winston-Salem, thank you for your years of dedicated service! You can find important retiree information here to keep you up-to-date with your retirement benefits. Please feel free to call our office if you need additional information. We are always here to help!
Human Resources Director
News and Updates
Annual Enrollment 2015
OCTOBER 1 - OCTOBER 22, 2014
You may enroll in or change your benefit elections during this period ONLY, unless you have a Qualifying Life Event. For more information on Qualifying Life Events, contact Human Resources at (336) 747-6807.
2015 Retiree Benefits Overview [pdf/6p]
Visit www.ebenefitsnow.com to make your 2015 benefits elections.
E Benefits Login Instructions [pdf]
**Due to the volume of questions, we may not be able to answer each email. Instead, questions will be answered here under Frequently Asked Questions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I have to re-enroll in my benefits each year?
All benefits will default to your same selection unless you choose to change or discontinue your benefits.
Have we changed carriers this year?
No. Active and retiree benefits are still administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina. The retiree Medicare Advantage Supplement Plan is still administered through United Health Care.
Health Risk Assessment
- To receive the $50 wellness discount on your 2015 health insurance premiums, you must have completed the online health risk assessment by February 28 of 2015
- Go to www.bcbsnc.com and log in
- If you do not have a log in, you must register for member services. You will need your BCBSNC insurance card to do so.
- If you forgot your user name or password, call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
- After logging in, click on WELLNESS at the top and then on HEALTH ASSESSMENT.
- The assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Biometric Screening Results Delivery
Your results will be mailed from Quest Diagnostics within 2-3 weeks of appointment time.
To get your Biometric results online:
Go to https://My.BlueprintForWellness.com
If you do not have your User Name or Password, call (866) 908-9440 for assistance.
You will need your BCBSNC card.
2014 Free Flu Shot Clinics
- Retirees and Their Spouses may attend any clinic location (see schedule below)
- Must bring BCBSNC card or MEDICARE card and a picture ID
- No appointment necessary. First Come, First Served!
- For Questions, Call 727-2305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL Retirees & their Spouses get a Flu Shot even if they have no insurance
See Flu Shot Clinic Schedule [pdf/429kb/1p]
2015 Mammogram Registration Information
The Mobile Mammogram Clinic will be held January 21 - 23, 2015
at Employee Medical Services. Beginning Monday, October 27, 2014 through Tuesday, January 6, 2015 you can call Health Connections at (336) 718-7000 to schedule your own appointment.
To register, complete the following steps:
#1) Call Health Connections at (336) 718-7000 to schedule your appointment. Reservation line will be open from 10/27/14 - 1/6/15.
#2) Complete the Mobile Patient Information Sheet [pdf/50kb/1p]
#3) Complete the Breast History Form [pdf/41kb/1p]
#4) Make a copy of the front and back of your insurance card.
#5) Submit the completed forms along with a copy of the front and back of your insurance card to Employee Medical Services, Attn: Ashley Blount, PO Box 2511, Winston-Salem, NC 27102 or scan and email to email@example.com
Questions? No insurance? Contact Betty Speaks, RN at 748-3866 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for scholarship assistance.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions [pdf/88kb/1p]
LIFESMART WELLNESS PROGRAM
Reminder: Employee Medical Services has moved. The new address is
32 West 32nd Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
LifeSmart Wellness Class Series
Sittercise Exercise Class
- Every Tuesday and Thursday (unless noted)
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. at South Fork Community Center
- Note: Sittercise will not be held on Thursdays, October 30, or November 6, 2014
- October 8 - Common Sense Law: How Everyone Can Save on Their Monthly Bills, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- October 9 - Ready, Set, Invest, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m., Manson Meads
- October 9 - Gentle Yoga, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- October 16 - Gentle Yoga, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- October 22 - Carbs: Separating Fact from Fiction, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Public Safety Ctr. Auditorium
- October 23 - CreditAbility, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- October 27 - Fighting Cancer with Your Fork, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- October 29 - Retirement Readiness, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Manson Meads
- November 3 - Medicare, Medicaid, & Long Term Care Insurance, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- November 5 - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff: Practical Tips to Keep Focused on What Really Matters, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Public Safety Ctr. Auditorium
- November 6 - Gentle Yoga, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- November 10 - Your Saving & Investing Goals, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m., Public Safety Ctr. Auditorium
- November 12 - Strategies for Emotional Eating, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- November 13 - Gentle Yoga, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- November 17 - Fact or Fiction: Debunking Cancer Myths, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Public Safety Ctr. Auditorium
- November 18 - CreditAbility, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Manson Meads
- November 19 - Diabetes Management: How to Eat Healthy During the Holidays, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m., Manson Meads
- December 3 - Best Health Through the Holidays, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Manson Meads
- December 4 - Retirement: Social Security with a Public Sector Focus, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- December 10 - Retirement Readiness, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Public Safety Ctr. Auditorium
- December 11 - Gentle Yoga, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
- December 18 - Gentle Yoga, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Committee Room, 2nd Floor, City Hall
Pre-register by calling 748-3868 or emailing email@example.com
How to take online Wellness classes through BCBSNC
City employees can fulfill their wellness class requirement by participating in online wellness programs offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Go to www.mybcbsnc.com or www.bcbsnc.com (If you do not have a log in, you must register for member services. You will need your BCBSNC member card to do so. If you have any issues please contact BCBSNC customer service. Their number is located on the back of your insurance card.) After registering or logging in, choose Wellness at the top and then click on the Wellness Activities link on the left to access these options:
- Healthy Living Conversations - Choose from 14 online, interactive conversations on such topics as stress management, healthy thinking and healthy eating
- Online Monthly Seminars - Fun and engaging online seminars on a variety of wellness topics
HEALTHY OUTCOMES WELLNESS - Our Program for Better Health
Pharmacy Benefits - Express Scripts
City Retiree Premium Reimbursement Program
- Effective Jan. 1, 2012, retirees eligible to participate in the City's Medicare Advantage HMO Group Plan may waive enrollment and instead purchase an individual plan of their choice.
North Carolina State Retirement Systems
Other Retirement Systems
- Winston-Salem Police Officers Retirement System (WSPORS)
North Carolina Treasurer
- Aetna Life Insurance: 1 (800) 826-7448, Aetna web site
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Reassure Life/Midland: (336) 765-1582 Roy Jennings
- UNUM Universal Life 1 (800) 635-5597, Unum web site
- CNA (Long-term Care): 1 (800) 266-2904, CNA web site
City-Sponsored Retiree benefits available to eligible retirees, spouses, and dependents
- BCBS Medical Coverage for pre-65 retirees, spouses, and dependents
- United Health Care Supplement coverage for post-65 retirees and spouses
- $2,000 Retiree Life Insurance (Death Benefit)
Links to Helpful Information
Have a suggestion or comment to send to the Webmaster? Use this form.