The City of Winston-Salem Information Services Department has identified a business need to study and adopt the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodology. Information Services provides both direct and indirect information technology support to city departments. The successful business of our technology department depends on consistently providing high levels of service and earning customer’s trust with our data and service needs.
City of Winston-Salem IT Governance Components [pdf/10kb/3p]
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) "Best Practices" is used to determine areas for improvement and standardization.
This ITIL adaptation effort will result in achievements of:
- Modifications of current processes and practices and use ITIL standardized best practices
- Reductions in delayed or lost incident/support requests
- Higher levels of customer service levels
- More consistent customer service levels
- Customer satisfaction increase in ITS services
- Reductions in cost per incident