A program in which groups are asked to “adopt” city right of way beds and maintain them by weeding, planting, collecting litter, etc. All supplies will be provided and signs erected with the group’s name.
Become an Adopt A Flower Bed Volunteer!
Download the Adopt a Flower Bed Agreement [pdf]
Adopt A Flower Bed Participants
- BB&T Support Services at Stratford Rd./Five Points
- Carver High School Serteen Club at Bowen Blvd and Attucks
- Disney-Robbins Family at Miller Park flower beds
- Downtown Elementary & Club of 20 at City Market on 6th St.
- Key Club of Carver High School at 27th/Shorefair/Greenway Sign
- Late Bloomers at Westview Roundabout
- Laura Young at West End Blvd. and Broad St.
- Sizemore Soil Science at Germanton and Cherry St.
A sampling of areas up for adoption:
- 6th St. & Cherry St. at the parking deck
- 14th & Main St. - 2 beds
- 14th & Trade St. - 2 beds
- Bypass 40 & Stratford Rd.
- Clemmonsville & Moravia
- Clemmonsville Ct.
- Hanes Park - 2 beds
- Harrambee Estate Signs/14th St. & Cleveland Ave.
- Liberty St. at 12th St.
- Little Creek Recreation Center
- Providence Square - Northwest Blvd. side
- Silas Creek & Stratford Rd.
- South Fork Recreation Center
- Spaulding Dr. - 4 beds
- Waughtown Roundabout
- Waughtown St. & Old Lexington Rd.
- Winston Lake Golf Course parking lot flower bed