2017 CITY OF WINSTON-SALEM APPLICATION
Application deadline: December 30, 2016
Class Member Notification: January 20, 2017
Program Begins: February 2, 2017
Graduation: April 17, 2017
Applicants will be selected for the City of Winston-Salem University using four criteria:
- Justification for participating
- Leadership potential
- City of Winston-Salem residents receive first priority, then Forsyth County residents.
- Attend 9 out of 11 sessions (cannot miss more than 2 classes).
- *Attend at least one City Council OR Council Committee meeting.
- *Complete a ride along with the Winston-Salem Police Department (requires a background check ); OR complete a ride along with the Winston-Salem Fire Department.
- *Complete a group budget project.
- *Participate in one of the following group tours: Waste Management sorting facility; Utilities Division facility; bonds project tour; or shadow a City Link agent.
*Occurs outside of class time