The Utility Commission Review Committee will hold a public hearing at 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, to solicit comments about:
- the extension of water and sewer services, including how those services are funded;
- elected representation on the Utility Commission;
- the need for future solid-waste disposal facilities in Forsyth County, including a new municipal solid waste landfill;
- current water and sewer service charges; and
- the need for waste-reduction and recycling programs.
The public hearing will be held in the Winston Room at LJVM Coliseum, 2825 University Parkway, Winston-Salem. Speakers will be called in the order in which they sign in and will have three minutes to offer their comments.
The City Council appointed the committee in July to study the community’s water, sewer and solid-waste-disposal needs and to confirm that the City/County Utility Commission is operating according to best practice standards.
Citizens who cannot attend may offer a comment online or by calling the Citizen Feedback line, 734-1400.
Online feedback form about the Utility Commission Review Committee