A new series of nine short videos that explain and promote such city services as recycling and recreation is being released through the city’s Facebook page. A new “City Savvy” video will be released each weekday through Dec. 12. Once posted, the videos can be viewed on the city’s YouTube channel. They will start running on WSTV 13 on Dec. 13, said Ed McNeal, the city’s director of marketing & communications.
“We called the series “City Savvy” because they teach viewers how to be savvy about how, why and what the city does,” McNeal said. The first video, “Leaf it to us,” explains the do’s and don’ts for setting out leaves for collection. Other videos in the series are:
- “Who You Gonna Call?” A recap of the 311, 411, 911 and other three-digit assistance numbers in Forsyth County and what they are for.
- “Gallon by Gallon.” A step-by-step look at how a gallon of water in the Yadkin River becomes a gallon of water waiting to come out of your tap.
- “Rolled Out Right.” The right way to put rollout carts at the curb, and why doing it right saves the city and its taxpayers money in the long run.
- “Let’s Play.” A look at the facilities and programs the Recreation Department offers, stressing the variety, availability and value for all ages.
- “Pay It Easy.” The many options that city residents have for paying their city bills,
- “Really Recycling.” What happens to all the recyclables that are collected every week, and how it benefits the city and city residents.
- “Ready for Inspection.” How and why building codes are written the way they are, and the role the Inspections Division plays in keeping the public safe.
- “Farm Food.” The Dixie Classic Farmer’s Market as a convenient source for locally grown foods.
WSTV 13 will play individual videos in rotation staring Dec. 13, and will show all nine as a bloc Mondays at 11 a.m., Tuesdays at 3 p.m., Wednesdays at 7 p.m., Thursdays at 8 p.m., Fridays at 10 a.m., Saturdays at 6 p.m. and Sundays at noon.
City of Winston-Salem Facebook page
City of Winston-Salem YouTube channel