The interactive map below illustrates National Register Historic Districts, Locally-Zoned Historic Districts, Local Historic Landmarks, and Local Historic Marker sites within Forsyth County.
Instructions for interactive map:
- Enter an address located in Forsyth County in the "Find address or place" space on the top menu bar to zoom directly to an address, OR you may use your mouse to move about the window and/or use the Zoom In or Zoom out buttons on the left side.
- To turn on the legend, click on the word "Legend" on the top menu bar. To hide the legend, click the X to the upper right of the legend box.
- To return to the original settings, click on the house button on the left side of the window.
- To learn more about a historic resource, click on the resource and a listing of the resource's attributes will pop up. Many of the resources have additional links to other information on the web.
- If there are multiple resources in the area, the top of the pop-up window will indicate how many resources are in the area (e.g., 1 of 3). The other resources are accessed by clicking on the white arrow in the upper right of the pop-up window.
- To close the pop up window, click the X in the upper right of the pop up window, or simply click somewhere else in the window.
- For a larger viewing window, the Historic Resources map may be viewed directly in the ArcGIS Online viewer.
For more information and statewide mapping, the North Carolina State Historic Preservation office has created the HPO Map Service to include more resources to assist in planning and research efforts in the state. The state map includes the following historic resources: National Register listed properties and districts, Study List properties and districts, determined eligible properties or districts, surveyed properties, Local Historic Landmarks, and Locally Zoned Districts.
View the following web pages below for additional information on a particular program in Forsyth County.
Local Historic Districts
Local Historic Landmarks
Local Historic Markers
National Register Districts
NOTE: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the map information; however, errors originating in the sources used to develop the database may be present. Accuracy cannot be guaranteed for some sites pending field confirmation. The City of Winston-Salem and County of Forsyth assume no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or currency of the data.