Zoning and Subdivision

Contact: Aaron King

Rezoning Notice Sign

The Land Use Administration (LUA) section of Planning Department and Development Services reviews and processes applications for rezoning, major and minor subdivisions, Special Use Permits (requiring elected body approval), Planning Board review items, and UDO (Unified Development Ordinances) text amendments. We also maintain an inventory of topographic maps, zoning maps, and aerial photographs (current & historic). If you are planning to develop land in Winston-Salem or Forsyth County, you can contact the LUA team at (336)747-7064 to discuss your request.

Please use the following links to navigate through the Planning web site:

Address & Street naming - Information on address assignment and street naming process

Applications - Applications for all requests that are processed by the LUA team

Forms/Handouts/Checklists/Fees - Handouts and forms used to explain various development processes

Monthly Planning Board Items - Information on development requests being heard by the Planning Board

Protest Petition Brochure [pdf/160kb/2p] - How to oppose a rezoning request

Protest Petition [pdf/79kb/1p] - Form to apply for a petition

Rezoning Process Handout [pdf/19kb/2p] - Information about the rezoning process

Sketch Plan Meetings [pdf/18.3kb/1p] - Information on weekly informal development review meetings.

Subdivisions - Information regarding major and minor subdivisions

UDO - UDO (Unified Development Ordinances) for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County.

Walkertown UDO - UDO (Unified Development Ordinances) for Walkertown. 

Zoning Archive - Contains information on zoning cases beginning in 2000


 revised 1/16/2015

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.