Law Enforcement Exploring is a worksite-based program for young men and women who have completed the eighth grade and are 14 through 20 years of age.
Law Enforcement Explorer posts help youth to gain insight into a variety of programs. For young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of law enforcement, Exploring offers experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote growth and development, to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults.
The program objectives are set forth as follows:
- To provide a program of training that educates young adults on the purpose, mission and objectives of law enforcement agencies.
- To provide an opportunity for service, practical experiences, competition, and recreation.
- To help prepare Explorers to become better citizens and community members through character development, physical fitness, good citizenship, and patriotism.
Additional information regarding Law Enforcement Explorer Programs
|The requirements for eligibility are:
- Must be 14-20 years of age and have completed the eighth grade
- Must have no serious arrests
- Must maintain a 2.0 grade average
- Must have a good school record (attendance and behavior)
- Must have parental approval
As an Explorer...
I believe that America's strength lies in our trust in God, and in the courage, strength and traditions of our people.
I will, therefore, be faithful in my religious duties and will maintain a personal sense of honor in my own life.
I will treasure my American heritage and will do all I can to preserve and enrich it.
I will recognize the dignity and worth of all humanity and will use fair play and goodwill in my daily life.
I will acquire the Exploring attitude that seeks truth in all things and adventure on the frontiers of our changing world.
The Winston-Salem Police Department, by charter through the Boy Scouts of America and the Old Hickory Council, pledges to adhere to and promote the core values set forth in the Explorer Code. Through the department’s efforts, Explorer Post 783, serves as a program to mentor our youth, encourage/develop leadership skills, community service awareness, promote fitness, and offer a first-hand view of what law enforcement service entails.
Explorer Post 783 also serves to promote the agency and provide a limited knowledge on the agency and its operations for those aspiring to become law enforcement professionals or obtain positions, both sworn and non-sworn, within the agency in the future.
2015 Calendar of Events TBA
All regular Post Meeting are now held at the Alexander R. Beaty Training Center (1200 N. Patterson Ave.) from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
If you are interested in becoming a Winston-Salem Police Explorer, please contact:
Street address: 725 N. Cherry Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27102.
Fax number: (336) 773-7995
Back to Kid's Precinct
Return to A-Z Services