The following documents must be submitted as a part of your application.
You will include all of these documents in your application packet when you return it to the Recruiting Unit:
1. Color photo of yourself (applicant only, in business attire), head and shoulders
2. Birth Certificate (1 Photo Copy)
3. Driver's License (1 Photo Copy)
4. Social Security Card (1 Photo Copy). Must be photocopied from the original
card. Copies of metal cards are not acceptable.
5. Certified High School Transcripts or GED Certificate with individual test scores. Must be in sealed envelope from school.
6. Certified College Transcripts - Must be in sealed envelope from school.
7. Civil Issues (Copies of all civil judgments, divorce decrees, bankruptcies, repossessions, civil suits, etc.) Submit 1 copy of each that apply.
8. Military Discharge Form DD-214 (1 Photo Copy) Must show type of discharge and Re-Enlistment Code.
9. Naturalization Papers (1 Photo Copy) if you are a Naturalized U.S. Citizen.
10. Selective Service Registration - All males between the ages of 18 and 25 years old are REQUIRED to register for the selective service. Pursuant to Chapter 143B- 421.1 of the North Carolina General Statutes, you are hereby required to register for Selective Service. If you have not registered, please visit the Selective Service System web site at http://www.sss.gov/or call (847)688-6888. In order to be considered for employment with the City of Winston-Salem you must have met this obligation.
For more information call (336)773-7925 toll-free 1(877)777-WSPD or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org