September 2014 Test Date Sign-Ups
SEPTEMBER 06, 2014 WILL BE THE FINAL TEST DATE FOR THE ACADEMY
September 06, 2014 will be the final test date for the upcoming Police Academy.
Please follow these instructions to sign up for a testing date.
**Sign up links are at the bottom of the page**
TESTING SESSIONS WILL BE HELD REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER
Our September testing date will be held September 06, 2014.
Saturday, September 06, 2014
- Test Session 1: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Test Session 2: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Sign-ups will remain open until Friday, September 05, 2014
Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. for the first test session. You must be on time to participate.
Check-in begins at 11:00 a.m. for the second test session. You must be on time to participate.
Our online sign-up system is a first come, first serve system. If you attempt to sign-up and slots are already filled, check back frequently as slots may open unexpectedly. We do not maintain a “wait list.” The sign-up will close on the dates specified above.
Information for applicants who have already signed up to test
- If you sign up for a testing date and cannot attend, please remove your name from the list. If you do not report for testing and have not removed your name from the sign-up sheet you will be discontinued from the process for a period of one year.
- Report with a valid photo ID and signed waiver form.
- Prohibited Items: Do not bring cell phones, electronic devices, bags, food, or drink into the testing facility. Please leave these items in your vehicle.
Test Date Information
Required: Print and sign the Waiver Form and review the Modified POPAT information
- If you feel you are unable to perform the test, please do not sign up at this time.
- Minimum age requirement is 20. Please review the Minimum Standards for Employment prior to signing up.
- Ensure that you have transportation available on the test date, as you will have to report to a secondary location for the modified POPAT.
- If you fail the agility test and wish to retake the test on a later date DO NOT sign up online. Please contact our office to schedule any retests.
The modified POPAT is conducted OUTSIDE, please dress appropriately for the weather. Wear appropriate clothing for physical activity (gym clothes). Ensure that your clothing allows you to properly perform jogging, push-ups, and sit-ups.
TESTING SESSIONS ARE HELD AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS, PLEASE REVIEW LOCATION INFORMATION YOU HAVE SIGNED UP TO ATTEND
The Winston-Salem Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer