Police Chief Scott Cunningham has promoted Captains Alonzo Thompson and David C. Clayton to assistant police chief.
Thompson will oversee the Field Services Bureau, which includes department patrol activities. He is a 28-year veteran of the Police Department and has served in the Field Services, Investigative Services and Support Services bureaus and the Office of the Chief of Police. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a graduate of the FBI National Academy. He is married and has two children.
Clayton will oversee the Support Services Bureau. He is a 28-year veteran of the department and has served in the Field Services and Investigative Services bureaus. He has a bachelor’s degree from John Wesley College. In 1988 he was selected as police officer of the year and he was the Winston-Salem city employee of the year in 1998. He is married and has two grown children.
Cunningham also announced the following promotions:
- To captain: Scott G. Bricker, Mitchell B. Masencup and Wilson S. Weaver.
- To lieutenant: Christa L. Long, John A. Craig and Steven D. Osborne.
- To sergeant: L. Scott Wright, Michael R. Fleming, Matthew J, Mulgrew and Timothy S. Mabe.
- To crime scene supervisor: Tameshia N. Branch, Mariya M. Brewer and Bonnie S. Roberts.
- To crime analyst: Marsha K. Higgins.