Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
News & Updates
The tennis courts at Reynolds Park and South Fork are reopening today.
Due to some vandalism, the courts at Polo had to be touched up today, and are still closed, but will open Monday, 11/24.
Check out the 2014 Fall/Winter Edition of our WePLAY Magazine! [pdf/7.3kb/24p]
- Dodgeball Organizational Meeting, Monday, December 1, 6:30 p.m., Georgia Taylor Neighborhood Center.
- The Adult Volleyball Organizational meeting will be held on Dec. 4 at 7:00 at Polo Park Recreation Center. All teams interested in playing are required to have at least one representative at this meeting. League play will start in January.
- The tennis courts at Leinbach Park will be closed for renovations until further notice.
- Starting November 3 through February 23, 2015, Salem Lake hours will be Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sign-ups for the Boys & Girls Basketball & Cheerleading Leagues at Carl H. Russell, Sr. Community Center have begun! The last day to register is December 28, 2014. League play will start January 17, 2015. Don't miss out! Contact Ben Piggott at (336) 727-2580 for more information.
- The tennis courts at Reynolds Park, Polo Park, and South Fork Park are all closed for repairs and routine maintenance. These restorations will be completed by November 7.
- Salem Lake hours
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- The computer lab at Black Phillips Smith Government Center is free and open to the public! Assistance with the computers is available!
- The NORTH CAROLINA SENIOR GAMES and The Piedmont Plus Senior Games are redefining the age requirement for participation to 50 years old and better. Help us spread the word!
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information