Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don't forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs.
- Winston-Salem Skate Park will be closing on Thursday, September 19th for maintenance. We apologize or any inconvenience!
- 8/21/19 - Gateway Commons Playground on Northwest Boulevard will be closed until further notice.
- Eleven (11) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care! | View flyer [pdf] | Registration form [pdf]
- Historic Bethabara Park is opened and running great programming this season! Be sure to check out their many events!
- Julius Reese, general manager of Winston Lake Golf Course, has won the 2018 Helping Hands award from the Mayor's Council for Persons with Disabilities. He won for his efforts in teaching golf to children in the WSFCS Exceptional Children program.
- Be sure to visit the Historic Bethabara Park's webpage for more information on upcoming events!
- Quarry Park is open and utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site with walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Cricket's Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information