Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
News & Updates
The 2015 Spring & Summer WePLAY is here!
Be sure to check out our online version today! [pfd/5kb/24p]
- IMPORTANT UPDATES:
- During the month of August, Twin City Track Club will host timing events for persons running around Salem Lake every Thursday starting at 6:00 p.m.! This is opened to anyone who would like to time their distance!
- Carl H. Russell, Sr. Community Center presents the Back to School Cookout August 7 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. For more information, please contact Ben Piggott at (336) 727-2580. Back to School Cookout Flier [pdf/30kb/1p]
- Winston Lake Family day is August 16 at Winston Lake Park from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.! Be sure to check out the flier for further details Winston Lake Family Day Flier [pdf/30kb/1p]!
- Admissions to all pools is now $1.00 for everyone! We’ve lowered our price to thank everyone for swimming at our pools this summer!
- The organizational meeting for the Adult Fall Volleyball Leagues is on Monday, August 17, at 7:00 p.m. at Polo Park Community Center. League play will start on September 8. For more information, please contact Dick Butler at 336-734-1212.
- The Playgrounds at Granville Park and Bowen Park are both currently closed for repairs.
- The tennis courts at Carver have reopened! Tennis courts at Griffith, Leinbach, Parkland, and Little Creek are closed for repairs.
- Fairground Fridays is back again every Friday night from June 12 - July 31 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds! Youth and Teens come out and enjoy a great time of music, fun, food, and games! Fairground Fridays News
- The fall softball season is fast approaching! For more information call Todd Barr at 734-1216.
- Forsyth Invitational Golf Tournament dates have been set. Dates and Locations [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Pools are open! Check out the Aquatics Calendar for dates and times!
- For more information on Piedmont Plus Senior Games, please visit the senior's page!
- Historic Bethabara has opened for the season! Be sure to check their page for upcoming events!
- On Friday, April 24, 2015, Forsyth County Cooperative Extension presented Historic Bethabara Park with its 2015 “Friend of Extension” award. This award, which was presented by David Plyler, Chairman of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners, recognized Historic Bethabara Park for its continued partnership with Cooperative Extension in providing the Heritage Days program. Heritage Days, held annually in October, allow local fourth grade students to participate in hands-on learning activities centered on North Carolina’s history and traditions. In addition to the “Friend of Extension” award, Historic Bethabara Park’s Medical Garden Curator, Harriet McCarthy, was honored with an award for Master Gardener Volunteer Leadership .
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information