Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
News & Updates
Check out the 2014 Fall/Winter Edition of our WePLAY Magazine! [pdf/7.3kb/24p]
- Are you interested in training to be a lifeguard? If so, training classes will begin on March 10! For more information on classes and registration, please contact Dick Butler at (336) 734-1212 or at email@example.com.
- Little Creek Greenway is now accessible at Creekshire Way through 10 foot wide pavement yielding connections to Hondo Drive and the Shoppes on Little Creek.
- The 2015 Spring Softball Organizational Meetings will be on the following evenings:
Tuesday, March 3, 7 p.m., Hanes Hosiery Community Center – Church Coed, Open Coed and Church Men’s Teams
Wednesday, March 4, 7 p.m., Hanes Hosiery Community Center – Open Men’s Teams
- Forsyth Invitational Golf Tournament dates have been set. Dates and Locations [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Special Olympics Forsyth County is having its annual apparel sale. This year we are offering hooded sweatshirts for $25/each, and long sleeve t-shirts for $15/each. These items make great gifts for the holiday season. Proceeds from these items will be used to purchase equipment and uniforms for 16 different sports. Orders may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and paid for with cash or check at pick-up, or just come by to see what is available. Pick-up hours are Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Black Phillips Smith Government Center, 2301 N. Patterson Ave.; or Saturdays, 10 a.m. to noon at Miller Park Recreation Center, 400 Leisure Lane.
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Starting November 3 through February 23, 2015, Salem Lake hours will be Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information