Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
News & Updates
The 2015 Spring & Summer WePLAY is here!
Be sure to check out our online version today! [pfd/5kb/24p]
- IMPORTANT UPDATES:
- Bolton Pool will be closed on Friday, 6/26/2015, for the City Swim Championship Swim Meet and will reopen Saturday, 6/27/2015, at 11:30 a.m.
- Sign-ups for the 2nd session of swim lessons will be this Saturday, June 27, starting at 10:00 a. m. Lessons will start on Monday, June 29, for children ages 6 and over and will last for 3 weeks.
- Central Park tennis courts are open.
- Miller Park, Bolton Park, Granville Park, and Shaffner Park tennis courts are open.
- The Playground at Granville Park is currently closed for repairs.
- Tennis courts at Leinbach and Little Creek are closed for repairs.
- The Big Bass Tournament is this Saturday, June 20, at Salem Lake from 4:00 - 9:00 p.m. Be sure to check Salem Lake's Tournament Schedule for further details!
- Fairground Fridays is back again every Friday night from June 12 - July 31 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds! Youth and Teens come out and enjoy a great time of music, fun, food, and games! Fairground Fridays News
- The fall softball season is fast approaching! The fall organizational meetings will be on the following dates:
Tuesday, June 23 - Open Coed, Church Coed, and Church Men Leagues, 7 p.m., Hanes Hosiery.
Wednesday, June 24 - Open Men Leagues, 7 p.m., Hanes Hosiery. For more information call Todd Barr at 734-1216.
- If you haven't registered for our Summer Camps be sure to call your nearest recreation center! Spaces are filling up quickly!
- The 64th Forsyth County Junior Golf Championship is right around the corner! Be sure to have your entry form turned in by July 10! Forsyth County Junior Golf Championship Form [pfd/30kb/1p].
- Pools are now open! Check out the Aquatics Calendar for dates and times!
- Great News! The Playground at Sedge Garden is open for play! Be sure to check out the pirate structure!
- For more information on Piedmont Plus Senior Games, please visit the senior's page!
- Happy Hill Reunion Meetings will be held on May 16, June 6, June 13, June 27, at 11:00 a.m. at Carl H. Russell, Sr. Community Center. Please contact Ben Piggott at (336) 727-2580 if you're interested in participating!
- Historic Bethabara has opened for the season! Be sure to check their page for upcoming events!
- Little Creek Greenway is now accessible at Creekshire Way through 10-foot wide pavement yielding connections to Hondo Drive and the Shoppes on Little Creek.
- Forsyth Invitational Golf Tournament dates have been set. Dates and Locations [pdf/30kb/2p]
- On Friday, April 24, 2015, Forsyth County Cooperative Extension presented Historic Bethabara Park with its 2015 “Friend of Extension” award. This award, which was presented by David Plyler, Chairman of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners, recognized Historic Bethabara Park for its continued partnership with Cooperative Extension in providing the Heritage Days program. Heritage Days, held annually in October, allow local fourth grade students to participate in hands-on learning activities centered on North Carolina’s history and traditions. In addition to the “Friend of Extension” award, Historic Bethabara Park’s Medical Garden Curator, Harriet McCarthy, was honored with an award for Master Gardener Volunteer Leadership .
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information