Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
News & Updates
Check out the 2014 Fall/Winter Edition of our WePLAY Magazine! [pdf/7.3kb/24p]
- Be sure to come and enjoy the Fall festival at South Fork Community Center this Friday, October 24, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Costume contests, food, and games! Ages 3-10 must be accompanied by a parent.
- Brown and Douglas Neighborhood Center is temporarily closed. Read more information.
- The tennis courts at Reynolds Park, Polo Park, and South Fork Park are all closed for repairs and routine maintenance. These restorations will be completed by November 7.
- Salem Lake hours
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- The computer lab at Black Phillips Smith Government Center is free and open to the public! Assistance with the computers is available!
- The NORTH CAROLINA SENIOR GAMES and The Piedmont Plus Senior Games are redefining the age requirement for participation to 50 years old and better. Help us spread the word!
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information