Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
News & Updates
- On Friday, April 24th, 2015, Forsyth County Cooperative Extension presented Historic Bethabara Park with its 2015 “Friend of Extension” award. This award, which was presented by David Plyler, Chairman of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners, recognized Historic Bethabara Park for its continued partnership with Cooperative Extension in providing the Heritage Days program. Heritage Days, held annually in October, allow local fourth grade students to participate in hands-on learning activities centered on North Carolina’s history and traditions. In addition to the “Friend of Extension” award, Historic Bethabara Park’s Medical Garden Curator, Harriet McCarthy, was honored with an award for Master Gardener Volunteer Leadership .
- For more information on Piedmont Plus Senior Games, please visit the senior's page!
- Happy Hill Reunion Meetings will be held on May 16, June 6, June 13, June 27, at 11:00 a.m. at Carl H. Russell, Sr. Community Center. Please contact Ben Piggott at 336-727-2580 if you're interested in participating!
- The 54th Forsyth Seniors Invitational Golf Tournament is right around the corner! Be sure to have your entry form turned in by May 22! Forsyth Seniors Invitational Entry Form [pfd/30kb/1p]
- Historic Bethabara has opened for the season! Be sure to check their page for upcoming events!
- Are you interested in training to be a lifeguard? If so, training classes will begin on March 10! For more information on classes and registration, please contact Dick Butler at (336) 734-1212 or at email@example.com.
- Little Creek Greenway is now accessible at Creekshire Way through 10 foot wide pavement yielding connections to Hondo Drive and the Shoppes on Little Creek.
- Forsyth Invitational Golf Tournament dates have been set. Dates and Locations [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
- Get Involved...Adopt-a-Park!
- Memory Trees & Benches
- Recreation and Parks Commission
- Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information