From April to December, Historic Bethabara Park celebrates each season with a special event rooted in its history. Traditional celebrations to look forward to every year include Spring Takes Flight in April, Highland Games in May, Apple Festival in September, and Fröhliche Weihnachten: a Bethabara Christmas in December.
From June through November, Historic Bethabara Park hosts monthly family evenings with music from the Bethabara Concert Band, 25 cent ice cream cones, Dino’s hotdogs, hay rides, and colonial games.
Looking for holiday events for the whole family? Fröhliche Weihnachten: a Bethabara Christmas will immerse you in Moravian holiday traditions by candlelight. Later in the month, return for Carols by Candlelight, a holiday concert presented by the Piedmont Chamber Singers in the 1788 Gemeinhaus Church.
Because of the large number of people attending special events, we encourage participants to leave their pets at home. Please bring your pets to enjoy the park on other days.
The Bethabara year at a glance - 2017
- Spring Takes Flight & Easter Egg Hunt - April 8, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Bethabara Highland Games - May 13, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Concert Band Family Evenings, June through October, 2nd Thursday of each month, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Outlander Day - September 10, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Apple Festival - September 16, 10:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Dark in the Park - October 12, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- A Bethabara Christmas - December 2, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Carols by Candlelight - December 10, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.