1. No Refunds. Rain dates will be scheduled during the same season if available at the same or comparable park. Rain dates must be requested within 48 hours of original rental.
2. No alcoholic beverages of any kind allowed.
3. No open fires.
4. No motorized vehicles allowed on grassy areas or around shelters. Park only in designated parking areas.
5. All shelter rentals must be completed by dark. No one is allowed in the shelters after dark.
6. Examples of acceptable sound devices for use during a rental are: D.J.’s, CD Players, Radios, and Boom Boxes. Use of sound device must comply with the City Noise Ordinance [Sec. 46-36], which states that sound shall not be amplified or reproduced in such a manner as to create noise at 50 feet from the device. No live bands or performances for profit in parks without prior authorization from the Recreation and Parks Director.
7. No selling of goods in the parks for personal gain.
8. Any event at a shelter that advertises free food, drinks, or giveaways may require off-duty police to handle crowd control and parking issues.
9. Maximum shelter capacity must not be exceeded. Any event that exceeds the capacity of the shelter may be ended by park staff or the Winston-Salem Police Department.
10. The Recreation and Parks Department must receive a copy of liability insurance from any company providing inflatables or large water toys in the park if not on file with the city. This information must be faxed to (336) 727-2066 at least 2 weeks prior to the rental date. If this information is not provided, the Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
11. All fliers for an event at a shelter must be pre-approved by the Recreation and Parks Department prior to posting.A copy of the flier must be submitted for approval at least two weeks prior to the event. If a flyer that has not been previously approved is posted/advertised, the Recreation and Parks Department reserves the right to cancel the reservation. Fliers must be removed and properly disposed of prior to your leaving the park on the day of the rental.
12. All renters must be at least 18 years of age and have a paid reservation with an issued permit before the shelter may be used.
13. All areas in and around shelter must be left free of litter and debris. Tie up used trash bags.
14. Your issued permit must be made available to park/police or recreation staff upon request.
The person who made the reservation will be held responsible for the usage of the shelter and will be liable for clean-up and charges for any damages or maintenance fees incurred as a result of this activity. Police/Park Rangers have authority to end any rental due to violation of the rules stated on this permit or any violation of the law.
Medical Emergency – 911
Unlawful shelter use, power, restroom or trash issues – City Link 727-8000
Non-Emergency Police – 773-7700