Come and visit us at 2301 North Patterson Ave. We've got lots of great programs going on each week for you to try!
The Black Phillips Smith Government Center also serves as a convenient, one-stop, user-friendly City Hall satellite for you to pay for your water bill, city mortgages, parking tickets, and yard-waste cart stickers. For more information about any of our programs call City Link at 727-8000.
Weekly Updates for the week of 10/27/2014
Thank you to everyone who came out to support Special Olympics Forsyth County at the BBQ, Boogie, and Bowling. It was a great evening of food, fun, and bowling!
Winter Sports Registration is OPEN for the following sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball (all levels), Cheerleading, and Equestrian. Pre-registration is required for all Special Olympics Sports. See attached flier for all Fall/Winter Sports dates, times, and locations. To register contact Lisa Kiser at email@example.com or (336) 727-2425.
Support Special Olympics Forsyth County on Sunday, November 16 at Texas Roadhouse. 10% of your total purchase will be donated to Special Olympics on November 16 when the attached flier is presented to your server. Enjoy a great meal and give back to Special Olympics.
- Golf, Tuesday, October 28 – Winston Lake Golf Course, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Soccer, Tuesday, October 28 – Miller Park – 5:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Equestrian, Monday, October 27 – Lazy Bee Farm – 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Tennis, Thursday, October 30 – Central Park, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- * Roller Skating, Thursday, October 30 – Skate Haven, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- * Tennis, Saturday, November 1 – Fourth of July Park – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Frenzy Cheerleading: Saturday, November 1 – Miller Park – 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Bowling: Saturday, November 1 – Creekside Lanes – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Check-in begins at 12:30 p.m.
Volunteer Opportunities – Ways to Get Involved
* Weekly Bowling Practice – Saturdays, 12:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Volunteers are needed on the lanes to help athletes know when it is their turn to bowl, assist with aiming ramps, and cheering the athletes on as they do their best.
* Equestrian Practice – if you are interested in helping out with equestrian, please contact Hellen Bee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tennis – Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Fourth of July Park, Kernersville, NC.
Adult Bowling Tournament – Saturday, November 22, 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Volunteers are needed at the lanes and during awards.
Youth Bowling Tournament – Friday, November 21, December 5, 12, and 19, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed at the lanes and during awards.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities please contact Lisa Kiser at email@example.com or (336) 727-2425.
Other Community Opportunities
Tip-a-Cop: Thursday, November 20, the Kernersville Police Department will be serving lunch and dinner at Captain Tom’s Seafood and Oyster Bar in Kernersville. This is a Law Enforcement Torch Run Fundraiser, Special Olympics Forsyth County will receive 15% of the proceeds. See flier for details.
*Top Priority Care Services will have a Gifted Gallery Art Festival on Saturday, November 15 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Admission is free. See flier for details.
To see all of the great pictures from the week, Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/specialolympics.forsythcounty.
Take A Survey and Help Shape the Future of Special Olympics
Special Olympics invites athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff, family members and supporters to take a survey to measure how the Special Olympics mission is being fulfilled worldwide. Take part in the survey to give your opinion about what Special Olympics is doing right and what must be improved. The survey asks questions about current work and gives everyone a chance to suggest changes and new approaches. You can take the survey without using your name. It’s available as an online survey and as a downloadable PDF. The PDF can be emailed in, or you can print it to fax or mail it. Learn more at the link below.
Related Website: Learn more about the mission effectiveness survey