Come and visit us at 2301 North Patterson Ave. We've got lots of great programs going on each week for you to try!
The Black Phillips Smith Government Center also serves as a convenient, one-stop, user-friendly City Hall satellite for you to pay for your water bill, city mortgages, parking tickets, and yard-waste cart stickers. For more information about any of our programs call City Link at 727-8000.
News and Updates
Weekly Updates for the week of 9/8/2014
SAVE THE DATE!
******Friday, October 24; BBQ, Boogie, and Bowling********
Creekside Lanes – 6:00 p.m.
BBQ and Boogie flier to print [pdf]
Fall/Winter Sports Registration is OPEN. Pre-registration is required for all Fall/Winter Sports. Space will be limited for the sports of bocce and bowling. Special Olympics has added an additional location for Tennis – Kernersville 4th of July Park. See attached flier for all Fall/Winter Sports dates, times, and locations. To register contact Lisa Kiser at email@example.com or (336) 727-2425.
14 FALL TRAINING SCHEDULE.pdf
Pay it Forward – Special Olympics Forsyth County is Paying it Forward to Piedmont Down Syndrome Support Network for their 2014 Buddy Walk, October 4, 2014. SOFC will have a table in the resource area and this year we will also have a Team to walk in the Buddy Walk. Please support our efforts to pay it forward by honoring our athletes with Downs Syndrome. You can register to join Team Special Olympics Forsyth County here: Register
Sports Training and Competitions Updates
- Equestrian: Tuesday, September 9 - Lazy Bee Ranch, 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- * Golf: Tuesday, September 9 – Winston Lake Golf Course, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- * Soccer: Tuesday, September 9 – Miller Park – 5:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- * Tennis:Thursday, September 11 – Central Park, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- * Tennis (Kernersville): Saturday, September 13 – 4th of July Park, Kernersville, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Bocce: Saturday, September 13 – Bocce Qualifier, Haw River Municipal Park, Haw River, NC.
The Enrichment Center will be holding a Zumba-Thon on Friday, September 12, at Salem College Soccer Field from 7:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. See Flier for details.
CPR for Teens with Disabilities – Miller Park will be offering CPR for Teens with Disabilities on Tuesday, September 16, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Teens will learn to identify persons not breathing and how to respond. Participants MUST register by emailing Leah Friend at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Miller Park (336) 727-2831. Space is limited. This class is informational and participants will not receive certification.
* PDSSN Buddy Walk – Saturday, October 4, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., West Forsyth High School Football Stadium/Track. Support Special Olympics by joining Team Special Olympics, sponsor someone walking in the Buddy Walk, and come out and join us for a great time on Saturday, October 4.
Take A Survey and Help Shape the Future of Special Olympics
Special Olympics invites athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff, family members and supporters to take a survey to measure how the Special Olympics mission is being fulfilled worldwide. Take part in the survey to give your opinion about what Special Olympics is doing right and what must be improved. The survey asks questions about current work and gives everyone a chance to suggest changes and new approaches. You can take the survey without using your name. It’s available as an online survey and as a downloadable PDF. The PDF can be emailed in, or you can print it to fax or mail it. Learn more at the link below.
Related Website: Learn more about the mission effectiveness survey
To see all of the great pictures from the week, Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/specialolympics.forsythcounty