Come and visit us at 2301 North Patterson Ave. We've got lots of great programs going on each week for you to try!
The Black Phillips Smith Government Center also serves as a convenient, one-stop, user-friendly City Hall satellite for you to pay for your water bill, city mortgages, parking tickets, and yard-waste cart stickers. For more information about any of our programs call City Link at 727-8000.
News and Updates
- Registration for Basketball (all levels) is still open. Registrations will not be accepted after 12/14/2013.
- Sports Training and Competitions Updates
- Individual Skills and 3-on-3 Basketball Practice: Saturday, December 14th, 9:30 am or 10:45 am, Miller Park Recreation Center. Registered players will hear from Will Stewart regarding their practice time.
- 5-on-5 Basketball Practice: Saturday, December 14th, 10:00 am, Miller Park Recreation Center
- Team Frenzy Cheer Practice: Saturday, December 14th, 10:30 am, Miller Park Recreation Center
We are selling sweatshirts just in time for the holidays. Sweatshirts come in a variety of colors and ink colors (see below). Sweatshirts are $25 each. IF you order by December 15, you will receive them in time for Christmas. What a great gift for your athlete, or what a great way to support your athlete during their competitions.
SOFC HOODED SWEATSHIRTS [pdf/5kb/1p]
Save the Date for these exciting fundraisers in 2014
Saturday, January 18 – Support SOFC by having breakfast with us – Breakfast will be served from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at Miller Park Recreation Center. Menu and prices coming soon.
Saturday, February 1 – Polar Plunge – For information on plunging contact Lisa Kiser at (336) 727-2425 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia Morgan at (336) 837-7151 or email@example.com.
Saturday, March 15 – Charity Hockey Game for Special Olympics – LJVM Coliseum Annex. Tickets are $5. For information: Lisa Kiser at (336) 727-2425 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia Morgan at 336-837-7151 or email@example.com.
Friday Socialites and Saturday Club will have a joint social on Friday, December 13 – “Summer in the Winter Party.” The party will be at Miller Park Recreation Center from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you plan on attending this event.
To see all of the great pictures from the week, Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/specialolympics.forsythcounty.
Computer lab at the Black-Phillips-Smith Center is OPEN.
The lab is open from Noon - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. Classes are available. Call Gwen Morris at 727-2300 for class schedule and sign up.