Special Olympics Forsyth County is having its annual apparel sale.
This year we are offering hooded sweatshirts for $25/each, and long sleeve t-shirts for $15/each.
Proceeds from these items will be used to purchase equipment and uniforms for 16 different sports.
Limited Sizes Available!
Thank you to everyone who jumped, donated, and supported the 2015 Polar Plunge. This year’s Plunge was a huge success, approximately 125 people jumped in support of Special Olympics and over $12,000 was raised for the Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run (15% will stay right here in Forsyth County).
New program for athletes ages 2-7 years old. Special Olympics Forsyth County and Miller Park Recreation Center are teaming up to offer Young Athletes. Young Athletes is a program for athletes ages 2-7 years old that focuses on skill building through inclusive play. For more information contact Leah Friend at 727-2831 or email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities – Ways to Get Involved
* Zumbathon® for Special Olympics: Registration is now open. This is a great way to support Special Olympics. Registration is $20/person; $5/Special Olympics athlete. You can register and raise the money online: http://tiny.cc/SOWSZumbathon. If you are interested in participating in the Zumbathon® for Special Olympics, please contact Lisa Kiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 727-2425.
* Cops vs Docs Hockey Game for Special Olympics – Saturday, March 14 – 7:00 p.m. game time. Tickets $5.00. Athletes get in free. Contact Lisa Kiser for tickets at (336) 727-2425 or
* Superhero Spectacular Weekend - Special Olympics Forsyth County and The Gateway YWCA are teaming up to offer a weekend of fun activities in June, 2015. We are raising money for all athletes to have a 1-year membership to The Gateway YWCA.
* Let’s Get Fit Together – Fitness Classes at Robinhood Road Family YMCA for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Mondays, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.; $5 per class. Questions contact Lisa Marie Blutreich at (336) 251-1090 or email@example.com
* Young Life Forsyth County is starting a ministry for young people ages 14-22 with disabilities. The ministry is called Capernaum. Capernaum will hold its first information and club meeting on February 3 at 7:00 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church.
To see all of the great pictures from the week, Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/specialolympics.forsythcounty.
Have a great week!