Superhero Spectacular Weekend
- Special Olympics Forsyth County and The Gateway YWCA are teaming up to offer a weekend of fun activities, June 26-27, 2015. June 26th will be a Zumbathon; June 27th will be a Fun Run, 5K, and 10K races. We will have a block party for everyone to enjoy on June 27th. The reason for Superhero Spectacular is to raise money for Special Olympics athletes in Forsyth County to have a 1-year membership to The Gateway YWCA. To register for the race: http://www.active.com/winston-salem-nc/running/distance-running-races/superhero-spectacular-2015?int=. If you would like to support an athlete towards a membership or volunteer for this event, please contact Lisa Kiser at email@example.com or 727-2425.
Congratulations to our Athletes and Coaches who attended the 2015 Special Olympics North Carolina Summer Games this past weekend. See our Facebook page for pictures and results.
Sports Training and Competitions Updates
· * Equestrian: Monday, June 1st – Lazy Bee Farm, Lexington, NC – 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Volunteer Opportunities – Ways to Get Involved
* Special Olympics Equestrian – Do you enjoy horses? Do you know how to ride? Would you like the opportunity to help Special Olympics athletes learn how to ride and enjoy horses? Then Special Olympics Equestrian is for you. We are looking for volunteers to help out with the SO Equestrian program. If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact Lisa Kiser at 727-2425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Camp Discovery: Camp Discovery is looking for volunteers. Camp Discovery is a day camp for youth with disabilities. If you are interested in giving some of your time this summer, please contact Lisa Kiser at 727-2425.
Other Community Events
* Let’s Get Fit Together – Fitness Classes at Robinhood Road Family YMCA for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Mondays, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm; $5 per class. Questions contact Lisa Marie Blutreich at 336-251-1090 or email@example.com
* Camp Discovery – Camp for youth with disabilities ages 8-21. Attached is a brochure with dates and details. For more information contact Leah Friend at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-2831.
To see all of the great pictures from the week, Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/specialolympics.forsythcounty.