Come and visit us at 2301 North Patterson Ave. We've got lots of great programs going on each week for you to try!
The Black Phillips Smith Government Center also serves as a convenient, one-stop, user-friendly City Hall satellite for you to pay for your water bill, city mortgages, parking tickets, and yard-waste cart stickers. For more information about any of our programs call City Link at 727-8000.
News and Updates
Weekly Updates for the week of 9/28/2014
SAVE THE DATE!
******Friday, October 24; BBQ, Boogie, and Bowling********
Creekside Lanes – 6:00 p.m.
BBQ and Boogie flier to print [pdf]
Fall/Winter Sports Registration is OPEN. Pre-registration is required for all Fall/Winter Sports. Space will be limited for the sports of bocce and bowling. Special Olympics has added an additional location for Tennis – Kernersville 4th of July Park. See attached flier for all Fall/Winter Sports dates, times, and locations. To register contact Lisa Kiser at email@example.com or (336) 727-2425.
14 FALL TRAINING SCHEDULE.pdf
Pay it Forward – Special Olympics Forsyth County is Paying it Forward to Piedmont Down Syndrome Support Network for their 2014 Buddy Walk, October 4, 2014. SOFC will have a table in the resource area and this year we will also have a Team to walk in the Buddy Walk. Please support our efforts to pay it forward by honoring our athletes with Downs Syndrome. You can register to join Team Special Olympics Forsyth County here: Register
Winter Sports Registration is OPEN for the following sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball (all levels), Cheerleading, and Equestrian. Pre-registration is required for all Special Olympics Sports. See attached flyer for all Fall/Winter Sports dates, times, and locations. To register contact Lisa Kiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-727-2425.
Sports Training and Competitions Updates
* Golf: Tuesday, September 23 – Winston Lake Golf Course, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
* Soccer: Tuesday, September 23 – Miller Park – 5:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
* Tennis: Thursday, September 25 – Central Park, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
* Roller Skating: Thursday, September 25 – Skate Haven, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
* Tennis Qualifier: Saturday, September 27 – Concord, NC, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* Soccer Qualifier: Saturday, September 27 – Burlington, NC, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
* Golf Qualifier: Saturday, September 27 – Burlington, NC, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Tee Times will go out later this week
* Bocce: Saturday, September 27 – NO PRACTICE
* Bowling: Saturday, September 27 – Creekside Lanes – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Check-in begins at 12:30 p.m.
* The Roller Skating Team will be hosting a Roller Skate Night for Special Olympics on Tuesday, September 23rd from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Cost is $5 to skate and for skate rentals.
* PDSSN Buddy Walk – Saturday, October 4th 9:30 am – 12:30 pm, West Forsyth High School Football Stadium/Track.
Support Special Olympics by joining Team Special Olympics, sponsor someone walking in the Buddy Walk, and come out
and join us for a great time on Saturday, October 4th. If you would like to join the Special Olympics Team or donate to our team you can do so at: https://secure.ezeventsolutions.com/fr/PDSSN/2014BuddyWalk/0/Register/Y_!_N_!_1_!_N_!_-1_!__!_0
* Wake Forest University will be hosting a Carnival to celebrate Eunice Kennedy Shriver (EKS) Day on Sunday, September 28th from 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Special Olympics will be onsite for demonstrations. See flyer for details.
To see all of the great pictures from the week, Friend us on Facebook: facebook.com/specialolympics.forsythcounty
Take A Survey and Help Shape the Future of Special Olympics
Special Olympics invites athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff, family members and supporters to take a survey to measure how the Special Olympics mission is being fulfilled worldwide. Take part in the survey to give your opinion about what Special Olympics is doing right and what must be improved. The survey asks questions about current work and gives everyone a chance to suggest changes and new approaches. You can take the survey without using your name. It’s available as an online survey and as a downloadable PDF. The PDF can be emailed in, or you can print it to fax or mail it. Learn more at the link below.
Related Website: Learn more about the mission effectiveness survey