Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
Recreation Center Monthly Programs & Fliers
- All recreation centers are open for normal business hours on January 19, 2018, except for Old Town Neighborhood Center.
- Restrooms at Bowen Park will be closed the weekend of January 20 for repair.
- The Piedmont Plus Senior Games kickoff will now take place on Friday, January 26 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Hanes Hosiery Community Center. Weather pushed back the original January 19 date.
- Quarry Park is now open utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site comprised of walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Ten (10) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care!
After School Locations Flier [pdf/1p] | After School Registration Form [pdf/5p]
- Demolition on the Reynolds Park Road Bridge has begun and barricades have been set along the Salem Creek Greenway. If you utilize this greenway, please expect a detour. Below are images of the detoured route.
- Cricket’s Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
- Salem Lake Construction information
*Map of Salem Lake[pdf/1p]
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information