Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provides activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
Our 2016 Fall/Winter WePLAY Magazine is now available! Be sure to check it out!
[2016 Fall/Winter WePLAY Magazine [pdf/30kb/26p]
- IMPORTANT: Demolition on the Reynolds Park Road Bridge has begun and barricades have been set along the Salem Creek Greenway. If you utilize this greenway, please expect a detour. Below are images of the detoured route.
The City of Winston Salem Recreation and Parks Department is in the process of planning their annual city wide Easter Fling, entitled “Easter Takes Flight,” and are looking for some VOLUNTEERS. The event will be held on Saturday, April 8th from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Historic Bethabara Park. This will be our 2nd year hosting it at this location as last year was a great success. All those interested in volunteering will receive a FREE t-shirt and a FREE food. This is a fun-filled event for children of all ages, which includes Easter egg hunts, games, music, drawings and more. With your assistance you can help make this a great success!
If you or your department are interested or you have any questions please contact Latoya Price via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday March 31st.
- Cricket’s Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
- The Forsyth Invitational dates have been set! 2017 Forsyth Invitational Dates [pdf/30kb/1p]
- Salem Lake Construction information
*Map of Salem Lake[pdf/1p]
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today!
Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Recreation and Parks Commission
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Here are 10 reasons why we are thankful for Recreation & Parks! Be sure to read our listing [pdf/2kb/1p]!
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information