Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
- Be sure to check out our Recreation Center Monthly Program Page with a great listing of upcoming activities and events!
- The Salem Lake Marina Center Ribbon Cutting is March 23 at 10 a.m.! Join Mayor Allen Joines and council members as they officially open this brand new facility. Also, take part in a free yoga class, free pontoon boat rides and more. Plus, get 50 percent off an annual bike share fee with Zagster on Friday. Reynolds Park Road is still closed at the Brushy Fork Creek bridge, so take Argonne Boulevard as a detour. Read more
- The Pot of Gold Treasure Hunt took place at Sprague Street Community Center on March 16, 2018. Toya Witherspoon, Senior Recreation Center Supervisor, had an awesome diverse turnout reflective of the Sprague Street community. Read more
- The Spring Volleyball Season is just around the corner! The organizational meeting for Spring Volleyball is Monday, March 26, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at Polo Park Community Center. Teams can pay before the scheduled meeting to hold their spot from previous Spring Season. The cost is $168.00 for a 6-week season.
- Quarry Park is now open utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site comprised of walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Ten (10) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care!
After School Locations Flier [pdf/1p] | After School Registration Form [pdf/5p]
- Cricket's Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
- Salem Lake Construction information
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information