Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don't forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
- Be sure to check out Bingo For Seniors, October 18 at Hanes Hosiery Community Center at 10:00 a.m.! Free for Ages 50+!
- The Northeast Ward Fall Fest is October 18 at Liberty Street Market! Come enjoy an evening of Kids Activities, Historic Exhibits, Vendors, Live Performances, Refreshments, and Prizes! FREE! Fall Fest Flier [pdf/1p]
- Trail of Treats and a free screening of "Hocus Pocus" at Bolton Park October 19! View Trail of Treats & "Hocus Pocus" Flyer [pdf/1p]
- It's time for the Grand Games! Come out and enjoy family based competition and drills against grands and grand kids! This event will be held at Miller Park Community Center on October 20th at 10:00 a.m.! Grand Games Flier [pdf]
- Dark in the Park at Historic Bethabara Park has been postponed due to weather. The new date is Saturday, October 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Eleven (11) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care! After School Program Flyer 2018 [pdf] | After School Program (2018-2019) Registration [pdf]
- Be sure to visit the Historic Bethabara Park's webpage for more information on upcoming events!
- Quarry Park is open and utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site with walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Cricket's Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information