Bulky items such as carpet, appliances, furniture, mattresses, etc., will be picked up by the city crews only during your annual neighborhood area cleanup, scheduled sometime between March 4 and September 13.
If you have questions about bulky item collection,
Find your collection date fast...
go to the online lookup by address!
All city route maps are linked below.
- City trucks will go through your neighborhood only ONCE. Items placed at the curb behind the crews will not be collected.
- Do not place items out more than 3 days in advance of your collection date.
- Do not mix bulky items with yard waste, recyclables or brush.
- Items the city can collect include: mattresses, appliances, furniture, carpet and toys.
- Items not acceptable for collection include: electronic waste, yard waste, wood, lumber, building material, glass, tires, car parts, paint, oil drums, cement, rocks and hazardous or infectious waste.
- PLEASE NOTE: televisions and computers and related computer equipment are banned from landfills in North Carolina. This includes CPUs, laptops, monitors, printers, printer/fax/scan devices, mice and keyboards; and all televisions, including flat-panel televisions, projection televisions and televisions with picture tubes.
More information on banned landfill items
- Collectible bulky items mixed with uncollectible items will not be removed. If you live in a townhouse or condo, there is a possibility that items will need to be placed in a central location for easier collection.
- Bulky item collection is for single family residences, NOT businesses or apartments.
- Other than the one-time annual neighborhood pickup, residents should dispose of these items at the Hanes Mill Road Landfill. Landfill hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Read Landfill information, including how to get a permit
- News release about banned items 2/27/2012
2013 Collection Route Maps
1. March 4-8
2. March 11-15
3. March 18-22
4. March 25-28
(Easter, no collection)
5. April 8-12
6. April 15-19
7. April 22-26
8. April 29-May 3
9. May 6-10
10. May 13-17
11. May 20-24
12. May 27-31
(Memorial Day Week)13. June 3-7
14. June 10-14
15. June 17-21
16. June 24-28
July 1-5 (Independence Day, no collection)
17. July 8-12
18. July 15-19
19. July 22-26
20. July 29-August 2
21. August 5-9
22. August 12-16
23. August 19-23
24. August 26-30
25. Sept. 3-6
26. Sept. 9-13
Look up your address and approximate collection date on the Bulky Item Collection Map