Bulky items such as carpet, appliances, furniture, mattresses, etc., will be picked up by the city crews only during your annual neighborhood area cleanup, scheduled sometime between March 2 and September 4.
If you have questions about bulky item collection, call 727-2638.
Find your collection date fast...
go to the online lookup by address!
All city route maps are linked below.
- City trucks will go through your neighborhood only ONCE. Items placed at the curb behind the crews will not be collected.
- Do not place items out more than 3 days in advance of your collection date.
- Do not mix bulky items with yard waste, recyclables or brush.
- Items the city can collect include: mattresses, appliances, furniture, carpet and toys.
- Items not acceptable for collection include: electronic waste, yard waste, wood, lumber, building material, glass, tires, car parts, paint, oil drums, cement, rocks and hazardous or infectious waste.
- PLEASE NOTE: televisions and computers and related computer equipment are banned from landfills in North Carolina. This includes CPUs, laptops, monitors, printers, printer/fax/scan devices, mice and keyboards; and all televisions, including flat-panel televisions, projection televisions and televisions with picture tubes.
More information on banned landfill items
- Collectible bulky items mixed with uncollectible items will not be removed. If you live in a townhouse or condo, there is a possibility that items will need to be placed in a central location for easier collection.
- Bulky item collection is for single family residences, NOT businesses or apartments.
- Other than the one-time annual neighborhood pickup, residents should dispose of these items at the Hanes Mill Road Landfill. Landfill hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Read Landfill information, including how to get a permit
- News release about banned items 2/27/2012
2016 Collection Route Maps
1. February 29-March 4
2. March 7-11
3. March 14-18
4. March 21-24
5. April 4-8
6. April 11-15
7. April 18-22
8. April 25-29
9. May 2-6
10. May 9-13
11. May 16-20
12. May 23-27
13. May 31-June 3
14. June 6-10
15. June 13-17
16. June 20-24
17. June 27-July 1
18. July 5-8
19. July 11-15
20. July 18-22
21. July 25- 29
22. August 1-5
23. August 8-12
24. August 15-19
25. August 22-26
26. August 29-September 2
Look up your address and approximate collection date on the Bulky Item Collection Map