Request for Letters of Interest for Engineering Services - Old Salem Bond Project
The City of Winston-Salem requests Letters of Interest/Statement of Qualifications (LOI/SOQ) for professional engineering services needed for Old Salem Infrastructure Improvements. For background information, services requested, and requirements to submit a LOI/SOQ, please see the Letter of Request for Engineering Services document [pdf/867kb/8p].
Submission deadline: no later than 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, December 18, 2014.
Contact: Connie James, P.E., Deputy Director of Transportation.
2013 NCDOT Traffic Counts Now Available
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) has released its 2013 traffic counts, and you can access the counts for the Winston-Salem Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) in our interactive map! (This page will open in a new window.) Counts from 2012 and earlier can be found in maps and tables available in PDF format, with 2013 counts coming soon. Learn more about traffic counts.
- Union Cross Road Project
- Silver Creek Trail at the intersection of Union Cross Road is permanently closed as of July 23, 2014. Silver Creek Trail will be barricaded in the short term until the cul-de-sac can be installed in the coming months per the project plans. Three portable message signs have been placed on site near the intersection to advise area residents of the closure.
- Salem Creek Greenway Detour
- The portion of the Salem Creek Greenway between Main Street and Vargrave Street is closed for construction of the Salem Creek Connector. The closure began in March 2014 and is estimated to be in place for 18 months.
- More information about the detour is available on the Salem Creek Connector project page.
- Salem Creek Connector Project
- Diggs Boulevard/South Martin Luther King Jr. Drive intersection is permanently closed as of January 2, 2014.
- U.S. 52 interchange with Vargrave Street is permanently closed as of January 6, 2014.
- Find out more on the Salem Creek Connector project page.
Road, Sidewalk and Parking Closures
- Vine Street, Piedmont Leaf Lots to East Fifth Street
East Fifth Street Sidewalk, adjacent to the former Reynolds #60 building
Beginning November 20, 2014; Sidewalk beginning December 5, 2014
A contractor working on the renovation of the former Reynolds #60 building has closed Vine Street from the bridge over East Fifth Street south to Piedmont Leaf Lofts. Beginning December 5, 2014, the sidewalk adjacent to the building #60 along East Fifth Street will be fenced and closed for the duration of the project.
- East Fifth Street, North Patterson Avenue to Linden Street
December 11, 2014, - January 2, 2015
A contractor has been given permission to close East Fifth Street between North Patterson Avenue and Linden Street from December 11-24, 2014. The contractor will be removing a pipe bridge over Fifth Street and glass block from the exterior of the building under renovation. The contractor is responsible for all traffic control. UPDATE: The contractor has requested an extension of the closure until January 2, 2015. After that date, they will reopen Fifth Street and utilize lane closures to complete the work.