City transportation planners will be showing maps and taking comments Thursday, March 13, on several transportation documents they are preparing. The drop-in session will be held from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Gateway YWCA, 1300 S. Main Street in Winston-Salem.
The documents will display information pertaining to:
- planned improvements to U.S. 52;
- the Proposed Salem Creek Connector linking Winston-Salem State University, Salem Academy and College, the Piedmont Triad Research Park and downtown Winston- Salem;
- the proposed extension of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive;
- bicycle and pedestrian projects through 2015;
- future plans for the Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation (PART) plus transit plans to assist the elderly and disabled; and
- how DOT will cope with fiscal constraints.
Documents available for review include:
- elements of the 2035 Long Range Plan;
- conversion of the Thoroughfare Plan to the Comprehensive Transportation Plan; and
- the 2009-2015 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program.
For more information contact Wendy Miller at 748-6878 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Transportation web site